Apart from what you know about printers and how they work, a Chromebook can help print just as good as any other computer.
Chromebooks are budget-friendly and convenient notebooks designed to access data from cloud services. Additionally, Chromebooks are nothing similar to Mac or Windows machines; they are faster and better.
Now, here’s the thing about printing with Chromebooks, it may not be as quick as it is with other computers, but it sure is efficient and modern.
If you have a Chromebook with you and all you need is a compatible printer, that’s an excellent way to get started. However, every Chromebook mechanics are different, which may not always be consistent with a traditional printer model. So, it is best not to let the Chromebook’s special operating system alienate your printing machine.
What you need is a printer compatible to use with Chromebooks. It’s not rocket science, nor must you have a vast amount of information regarding printers to buy one for your Chromebook.
There are dozens of superb-quality printers out there that are Chromebook-oriented. Therefore, the process won’t be as troublesome as you think.
Here’s your quick getaway: we’ve gathered some of the top-best printers that are effortless to use with Chromebooks, so let’s check them out.
Top 7 Wireless Printers For Chromebook.
Table of Contents
Epson EcoTank ET-2760 Wireless Printer For Chromebook
The Epson EcoTank ET-2760 is a mid-range wireless printer in the company’s recently launched bulk-ink multi-purpose printers.
The Epson ET-2760 is like any other high-end printer; it copies, prints, and is affordable. Unfortunately, it lacks a few productivity features, and it’s slower than other robust printers. Still, it is best-compatible with Chromebooks and offers reliable results.
As it is not so demanding, it’s one of the best printers for college students who have to print and scan documents/images for their projects.
Furthermore, suppose your home or office printer does not offer multipage copying or scanning, nor the features and speed levels of a high-quality printer. In that case, the Epson ET-2760 is the right choice for you.
The manufacturer advises Epson ET-2760 users to use only Genuine Epson inks for a premium printing experience. Non-Epson or non-formulated inks are not compatible and may damage the printer.s
- Easy Printing: Get a chance to print more smoothly and quickly with copying 1 44” color display and auto 2-sided printing for effortless navigation and configuration.
- Cartridge-Free Printing: Cartridges are always a mess to cope with. The Epson EcoTank boasts one set of replacement bottles equal to 80 individual cartridges, so no more trips to the store
- Cutting-edge Quality: Epson ET-2760 gives you two years of ink, included in the box, excellent value, and convenience. The replacement ink bottles offer enough ink to print more than 8000 pages color/black.
- Remarkable print quality
- Compact and lightweight
- Features automatic two-sided printing
- Comes with a set of ink bottles
- No Ethernet connectivity
- Lacks document feeder
Canon PIXMA TR4520 Wireless Printer For Chromebook
The Canon PIXMA TR4520 is an entry-level printer designed for home/office-based and light-duty family use. It’s competitively priced and reliable for those who want to print from comfort without having high walls for quality.
It comes with a robust feature set and incredible printing quality. Additionally, it offers Amazon’s Alexa support, allowing hands-free printing. You can benefit from the PIXMA software that lets you scan for both Mac and Windows platforms.
Moreover, other features like Master Setup, Quick Menu, and Scan Utility Life for Mac, My Printer, and Easy-PhotoPrint Editor offers easy access to printer settings and apps.
Unfortunately, it is not built for speed. It’s a mid-range printer with sufficient features and quality to support traditional printing and scanning.
- Remote Printing: Thanks to the wireless connection, the Canan Print app enables smartphone connectivity, allowing you to print easily and quickly via your tablet or smartphone.
- Convenient Usage: With features like Mopria Print Service, a built-in ADF, Wi-Fi, AirPrint, and Auto Power Off/On, all PIXMA printers are simple and easy to use.
- IFTTT Support: IFTTT, If This Then That, gives you access to various web applications and services for automating printing.
- Dash Replenishment: Save a lot on all ink recorders via Dash Replenishment. After activation, your printer measures check ink levels and replaces when you are running low. It is free, and you can cancel anytime.
- Superb photo printing quality
- Low page yield
- Slow printing
Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer For Chromebook
The Brother Compact is a strong candidate in the monochrome laser printers category. Not because it has particularly impressive features, but because it combines the kind of features that make sense with one another.
HL-L2350DW is a black and white laser printer offering exceptional text quality and printing speed with a relatively good ink economy. This package of smooth quality at a low price got the HL-L2350DW here on our list.
For a micro-home/office where space saving is necessary, a small-sized printer with decent features can’t get any better. The Brother HL-L2350DW weighs 15.9 pounds and measures 14. 2 x 14 x 7.2, checking all the compactness and convenience boxes.
The Brother HL-L2350DW is the best laser printer for Chromebook because it’s a single-function machine, boasting superior quality in terms of everything.
- Fast Printing: Print more with less waiting. It is engineered for high-level efficiency with top-class printing speeds of up to 33 pages per minute. The Brother Compact printer allows more productivity.
- Modern Features: Every dynamic feature supports your everyday needs. The 250-sheet paper capacity enhances efficiency with fewer troubles and refills. It can even handle legal or letter-sized paper with minimum efforts.
- Smooth Operator: The manual feed slot enables flexible paper handling for various sizes and papers, such as envelopes, card stock, etc. Everything comes out of this printer with a touch of professionalism.
- Connect your way: Thanks to the versatile connection options, you can print with mobility with a built-in wireless connection to a Chromebook via its USB port.
- Great price
- Reliant running costs
- Decent mix of output and speed quality
- Suitable for home or office use
- No Ethernet port
HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer For Chromebook
The HP ENVY 5055 is a close-to-perfect wireless All-Purpose printer with excellent performance and high-end features. It also packs outstanding connectivity with dual-band Wi-Fi and support for third-party apps, such as Morpia, HP’s ePrint, and Apple AirPrint.
In the HP line of printers, this one is the best for HP Chromebooks. Although this is an entry-level printer, it still offers remarkable support for home offices and families.
The most notable feature of the HP ENVY 5055 is that it has an option for lowering running costs with HP’s Instant Ink program. If your printing job requires little multipage scanning and copying, the HP ENVY 5055 works well with Instant Ink. Therefore, it is a sensible pick for office environments with not-so-high printing needs.
- Best-Quality Printer: The HP ENVY 5055 includes Bluetooth, enhanced, smart Wi-Fi connectivity, incredible print speeds, and more.
- At-home Printing with ease: Copy, print, and scan borderless with the comfort of your desk. The 5055 printer creates high-quality documents and photos with sharp, crisp text quality.
- HP Smart App: With the most powerful printing app ever, you can instantly set up your wireless printer, print from social media or different platforms, and scan documents with your phone.
- HP Instant Ink: Spend little on ink and never be out of it – with the optional HP instant ink, you can get ink automatically ordered by your printer and delivered to your doorstep for $3 each month.
- Solid print quality
- Good price
- Instant Ink with low running costs
- No ADF
- SD card-compatible
- Two-cartridge design carries all four inks
Canon MX492 Black Wireless All-IN-One Small Printer For Chromebook
The Canon mx492 may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but it is modestly priced and does an excellent job at printing.
The simplest way to describe the Canon mx492 is a tiny package with useful features. It’s a good fit as a personal inkjet printer, ideal for micro-small, home office, or home use.
It offers low running costs, better print quality, fast speeds, and one exceptional feature: AirPrint support for your iPhone, mobile, iPod, iPad without installing any drivers.
Furthermore, its fully integrated ADF works well, offering the mx492 the perfect combination of quality and budget.
- Integrated ADF: With the Auto Document Feeder, users can print with accuracy and within seconds.
- Air Print: Print effortlessly and wirelessly from your iPhone, iPod, or iPad with no drivers needed to print.
- Compact: This space-saving and solid-quality printer fit about anywhere in your office, dorm, or home.
- ADF is great for copying and faxing
- Solid for a four-function MFP
- Comes with plenty of creative software
- Output and input trays are flimsy
- No duplexing
Brother MFCL2750DW Monochrome Wireless Printer For Chromebook
The Brother MFCL2750DW is a multifunctional monochrome laser printer that offers to copy, fax, scan, and print capabilities.
It renders good-quality text with reasonably low running costs. The most exciting facet of this printer is that it is one of Brother’s first XL laser printers. It also comes with an extra toner in the box.
This is a better option for someone who requires a versatile printer with more than just being connected to a Chromebook. Besides that, it prints in fast with remarkable graphics quality.
Furthermore, the MFCL2750DW did not compromise features like Wi-Fi, near-field communication, Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct, and USB. So you pretty much have it all covered.
- Multi-Purpose Printer: The Brother MFCL2750DW is for busy small offices and homes. This all-in-one laser printer features impeccable printing at 36 pages per minute with copying, scanning, and filing capabilities.
- Engineered for High Productivity: With this printer, you can print within seconds using the single-pass duplex scanning and copying via an up to 50-sheet ADF and multi-page faxing.
- On the go Printing: Send print jobs wirelessly from your laptop, tablet, smartphone, and desktop. Thanks to the “Touch to Connect” printing with NFC, you can print remotely.
- Best typesetter text quality
- Light and small
- Single-pass auto-duplexing
- Vast selection of workflow apps and connectivity options <
- Low image quality
- High running costs
HP OfficeJet 5255 Wireless All-in-One Printer For Chromebook
Printing Technology: inkjet |
2 Sided Printing: Yes |
Printing Speed: 7 ppm |
Paper Capacity: 100 Sheets |
Customer Rating: 93/100 |
The HP OfficeJet 5255 wireless All-in-One printer may not be suitable for professional use. Still, it works great as a family printer.
It is an inkjet printer well-designed with plenty of wireless and scanning features. However, it’s a two-cartridge system hefty to maintain, in terms of price. If you are going to be using this printer for many printing jobs, the cartridges will run out, which leads to more costs than the printer itself.
Regardless, the HP OfficeJet 5255 boasts useful connectivity options, and a small footprint makes it worthwhile to use anywhere.
- Smart Printer: The HP OfficeJet 5255 comes with improved Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth support, and faster speeds.
- All-in-one Printer: Accomplish everything with the comfort of your home using this wireless printer. It adapts to everything your day requires: copy, fax, print, and scan efficiently 35-page ADF, touchscreen, and automatic two-sided printing.
- HP Smart App: The power of your printer is in the palm of your hand. Using the HP Smart app will help you quickly scan documents, set up a wireless printer with your portable device from iCloud, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi: The HP OfficeJet 5255 printer gives you a new level of connectivity – get a reliable, stable wireless connection with dual-band Wi-Fi.
- Compact, simple design
- Impressive features
- Great connectivity options
- Pricey two-cartridge system
- Slow printing
How to Set Up Printer on Chromebook?
It’s great to have a versatile notebook on your desk that helps you utilize so many online services. However, sometimes it’s better to use an old-fashioned printout for your digital work.
When it comes to printing from a Chromebook, printing has never been easier. Of course, traditional computers offer authenticity while printing, but Chromebooks are on a new advancement level. Therefore, they will assist you in effortless printing.
For a newbie, things aren’t always easy. Luckily, we have this guide for you. After learning how to print using a Chromebook, you’ll be churning out the paper from your cloud within seconds.
Connect a Wireless Printer
A printer that’s Wi-Fi-capable would be suitable to use with a Chromebook. You don’t need additional services to connect the printer to your notebook as it is wireless.
Your printer should be on and is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromebook. Here’s what you should do next:
- Click the clock on the bottom right of your Chromebook’s screen. Next, click on the gear-shaped icon to go to its settings.
- Enter “print” into the search box
- Click “printers,” then go for the “Add Printer” option.
- After selecting your printer’s name, click the “Add” option to finish the pairing.
Printing a Page
The process of printing an image is easy. Here’s how you can do it:
- Before printing the document or photo you want to print, press Ctrl +p
- You’ll find the option “Destination,” click on the Down arrow
- You won’t find any options available there, so click “see more.”
- Select your printer.
Pro Tip: A few printers will automatically appear on this list. However, if you cannot find your printer on the list, go to “Manage” to search for your printer.
- Let it “print.”
Bugs while setting up a printer
Printer won’t connect to the Wi-Fi
That’s no issue. Perform the following steps to solve this error:
- Switch your printer off, and after a few minutes, turn it back on
- Try connecting to Wi-Fi again
If it still doesn’t connect to the Wi-Fi, there might be a problem with your printer. Prefer to contact your printer manufacturer for professional assistance.
How to add a printer manually
If your printer is nowhere to be found in the “Available printers to save,” you can manually include your printer. Here’s how:
- Select the time on the bottom right of your screen
- Go to settings
- Click on “Advanced”
- Under “Printing,” click on “Printers.”
- Click “Add printer.”
- Enter the details of your printer; name, address, queue, and protocol
- Finally, “Add”
After setting up, your printer won’t print
- Choose the time from the bottom right
- Go to settings
- Click on “Advanced”
- Select “Printers” from the printing option
- Next to the name of your printer, click More>Edit
- Enter your printer information, make sure everything is accurate and no misspellings or typos
If all of the information related to your printer is accurate and still won’t print, consider connecting the printer again.
The best wireless printer for Chromebooks may not be the best printer for every operating machine. Still, there’s a high chance of getting this kind of flexibility and compatibility in HP or Dell models.
Overall, the printers reviewed above are cheap and extremely valuable. You can print quality images using the Cloud Print engine without the troublesome and time-taking configuration steps.
Each of these options is suitable for students, professionals, gamers, and road warriors. That said, pick your most favorite printer for Chromebooks and enjoy a seamless and easy way of printing.