For the hardcore gamers who play games for fun, the Sony’s PS4 is the one for them which will provide them the real experience of fun gaming. As a gamer, you will surely love every inch of this gaming console; power, features, performance, etc. The PS4 is regarded as one of the best gaming consoles all around the world.
If you have a PS4 in your home, you can enable yourself to choose over 100 game options and can be played for hours without any difficulty. It provides you the best and high-resolution games at your home with much ease and comfort. But sometimes, some issues arise such as you don’t have a screen to play games so what should you do?
It happens that someone else is watching TV or might be your TV is out for repair, then you need to do something that can help you make your PS4 gaming world. In that context, the gamers want to know how to use their laptops as a screen for the ps4 console. So, don’t worry; we are here to provide you all the information about it.
Using your laptop as a monitor is not easy, but you can’t say it tricky. If you follow some methods or steps, you can do it easily for sure. So let’s get into it!
Methods of using your laptop as a monitor:
There are various methods of connecting your PS4 with your laptop’s screen, but we discussed the easiest ones, which will help you a lot in this regard.
Connecting with remote play:
First of all, we tell you that it is a streaming service provided by the Sony Company itself for the people who don’t know about remote play. The purpose of remote play is to permit their Mac or PC users to enjoy the PS4 gameplay on their computer monitors too. To connect your PS4 console with the laptop, you need to have something required to set up the remote play.
- A PS4 console
- A PC
- USB cable
- PS4 account
STEPS of connecting:
- First of all, you should need to download the remote play on your laptop.
- Next, you have to turn on your console and then go to the settings, then PlayStation network, then the account management. After it, enable or active the primary ps4.
- After completing the above processes, you have to upgrade your console’ software to the 3.50 version through a system software update.
- Then go to the settings, select the remote play connection settings and activate it.
- Then again, go to the settings, activate the rest mode, and turn on PS4 from the network.
- Now you have to open up the downloaded remote play on your laptop. Then tap on the settings options and set the resolution and FPS according to the specifications of your laptop screen.
- Now in the last, connect the PS4 controller with your laptop by using the USB port. It will take some time to get paired up with all the systems, so don’t worry about it. In the end, simply open and log in with your console id, and you have done it.
Connecting with capture card:
If you are not willing to do the above method, you can jump into this one. You can easily connect your PS4 console with your laptop by using the capture card. You need some components before setting up your gaming world with the help of a capture card.
- Video capture card
- PS4 console
- Dual-function HDMI
- Internet connection
- Activate file sharing
STEPS of connecting:
- First of all, plugin and then install the VCC on your laptop by using the USB port.
- For the setup, you need to have an S-video cable connection to connect your PS4 console with VCC. Attach the HDMI to your VCC.
- Now turn on the console and then run the VCC software on your laptop or computer as you will be able to see the console appearing on the screen.
By following the simple step we provided above, you can connect your PS4 console with your laptop and use it to monitor it.
Also Read: Best Ultrawide Monitors.